a. Not all 14 steps have to be done immediatly before you use the condom. In fact, steps 1-3 can be done well before you engage in this practice.
b. Steps 1-3 may happen in any order...they don't need to happen in the order they are here.
c. This was designed as a basic exercise to teach teenagers how to correctly use a condom...that's all. Some people will argue that steps 12 and 13 should be reversed...I talk about that when I actually present this, but considering what the usual behavior is, they make sense this way.
Fourteen steps to putting on a condom correctly:
1. Decide to have sex
2. Discuss safer sex practices
3. Have condoms available
4. Check expiration date
5. Open condom carefully without using nails or teeth
6. Figure out which way the condom unrolls
7. Place drop of water based lubricant in tip of condom
8. Pinch tip of condom to ensure that there is no air
9. Place condom over head of erect penis and unroll all the way down to base
10. Lubricate outside of condom with water based lubricant
11. Have oral, anal or vaginal sex
13. Pull out, while holding the base of condom and remove condom away from partner
14. Throw the condom out, in the garbage.