darkanddusty (darkanddusty) wrote in vaginapagina,
darkanddusty
darkanddusty
vaginapagina

Rash with ciprofloxacin

I know you all are not doctors, but...

I was prescribed ciprofloxacin yesterday for a UTI: six pills over three days. I took one dose last night, and then two doses today. Most of today, I've had a faint rash all over my body. I called the student health hotline and the nurse said I should go to the ER and get checked out. I have neither the time nor budget for that. The rash isn't really that serious and I have no other symptoms. By the time I'd be able to get back to student health on Tuesday, I would be done with the entire dosage anyway.

Can I safely stop taking the cipro now? I know it's best to take the entire prescribed dosage, but the UTI was mild and I think all my symptoms are gone now. If it comes back, I'd definitely go back to student health and get something different, but I'm willing to take the chance.

Should I just finish off the cipro and tough out the rash? It's really not bothering me and I'd mostly just like to get rid of the UTI without spending any more money. (I know, I know. Broke college student here.)

Has anyone else had a similar reaction? What did you end up doing?

Thanks, superstars!

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 12 comments