Okay, so I always see people posting on here about getting your thyroid checked, and how important (and under-diagnosed) this is. Seeing the last post about sex drive I decided to finally go googling and see what the official symptoms are. According to the Mayo Clinic site I match quite a few of the symptoms, and they don't list sex drive but my sex drive is crap, maybe once a month I actively WANT sex. however, is it possible to have hypothyroidism without fertility issues? My first son was conceived the first cycle trying, second was after only six months (and I was still nursing while trying to conceive).
The symptom list and my comments on each symptom.
- Fatigue - Yes, but also have two kids 3 & under
- Increased sensitivity to cold - I freeze all day everyday, my office has a casual dresscode and I live in a hoodie sweatshirt, and even then feel so cold my hands ache from the cold.
- Constipation - constantly, and no amount of fiber or dietary changes fixes this
- Dry skin - yes
- Unexplained weight gain - no, but having a hard time losing pregnancy weight even 9 months post partum
- Puffy face - meh?
- Hoarseness - no
- Muscle weakness - my husband would say yes
- Elevated blood cholesterol level - hasn't been tested in forever
- Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness - constantly, to the point that I have thought about getting checked for arthritis or something when the baby weans
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints - see muscle aches
- Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods - haven't had a period in over a year due to pregnancy and now nursing
- Thinning hair - yes, but again, post-partum, hard to gage
- Slowed heart rate - no?
- Depression - if so it's mild
- Impaired memory - no