I posted a few days ago about feeling extremely bloated, have gone up a breast size, and all for reasons I do not understand. I suspected I may have been pregnant (maybe an ectopic pregnancy as well, as I had an IUD) even though I had my period a week ago. Test came out negative, so I assume we can rule that out.
Someone had mentioned to me that maybe my breasts going up a size and feeling really while PMS'ing could be due to an ovarian cyst. I looked it up, and am surprised by all the symptoms I have in common:
- Dull aching, or severe, sudden, and sharp pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen (one or both sides), pelvis, vagina, lower back, or thighs; pain may be constant or intermittent—this is the most common symptom (I definitely have pain, which resembles a menstrual cramps. The other night, while trying to fall asleep, I had a sharp pain that made me scream, waking up my boyfriend. Aside from that, pain is pretty much constant, sometimes worse, sometimes I forget about it.)
- Fullness, heaviness, pressure, swelling, or bloating in the abdomen (I thought I had gained weight, and that was the reason for my very round stomach and abdomen. I lost 5 lbs since May)
- Breast tenderness (The worst and most obvious symptom. I've passed from a small DD to a full E in a matter of two months, and they are very tender before and during my period)
- Pain during or shortly after beginning or end of menstrual period.
- Irregular periods, or abnormal uterine bleeding or spotting (I am still regular)
- Change in frequency or ease of urination (such as inability to fully empty the bladder), or difficulty with bowel movements due to pressure on adjacent pelvic anatomy (Another alarming one for me. I found myself running to the bathroom in pain, at work, after barely drinking anything. Very abnormal for me. Also, before relieving myself my lower abdomen was very swollen)
- Weight gain
- Nausea or vomiting (This. Especially when it involves eating)
- Fatigue (Has been present for months)
- Increased level of hair growth (Not in my case)
- Increased facial hair or body hair (No.)
- Headaches (Yes, I never had any, and I ended up in the ER since they were so bad and abnormal)
- Strange pains in ribs, which feel muscular (No)
- Bloating (Yes!)
- Strange nodules that feel like bruises under the layer of skin (Yes)
It seems like a possibility (and also, going to the clinic very very soon!). However, my big question, aside wondering if my suspicions may be right, is regarding the treatment. How are ovarian cysts treated? I've heard of surgery in certain cases, but also about taking HBC and just waiting it off, both being unbearable, as I cannot handle HBC for breast size and aggressivity reasons, and waiting it off just seems like pure torture.
Any advice or stories you have went through? They would be much much appreciated !!