April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Since we know this is a topic that hits close to home for a lot of VPers, we'd like to organize a blog carnival to give people a chance to share their stories as well as to bring them all together in one place.
The 2012 campaign focuses on developing respect and healthy sexuality, which is definitely something worth reading, writing, and thinking about:
This April, it’s time to start a dialogue, and the topic of the conversation is healthy sexuality.
The 2012 Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign encourages communities and individuals to join the conversation on how we connect and respect one another in order to prevent sexual violence.
Who can write: Anyone who keeps a blog and has thoughts to share or a story to tell that's consistent with VP's mission and ideals.
I want to write. How do I participate?
- Comment here or email me (email@example.com) ASAP to let me know you're planning to write. This is just so I can get a rough estimate of how many people are interested in participating; it doesn't obligate you in any way. (Comments here will initially be screened. See #3.)
- Write your post. Please make sure it's published and public by 9:00PM EDT on Monday, April 16th. If you;'re so inclined, copy and paste the code for the badge onto your post.
- Once your post is published, email me or comment here with a link to your post along with your name (real, LJ, etc.) as you wish to be credited here. Also, it's much appreciated if you'd include trigger warnings, content notes, or key words as you feel are appropriate. Comments here will be initially screened on account of the increased possibility of spammers and trolls. Because this means I will be reading every single post to make sure they're legit, extra super Internet cookies to anyone who submits early. ;)
- I'll compile all the submissions into one finished post. Once that's posted in VP, I'll edit this post with a link to that one.
I don't want to write. Is there another way to help?
- Before April 16th, you can promote this announcement in blogs, communities, social media outlets, and other venues where it is cool and welcome to do so. One way to do that would be by copying and pasting the code for the badge into a post on your own journal or blog.
- Once everything is pulled together on the 17th, letting folks know about that would be awesome too!
If you're so inclined, you can copy and paste the code below to embed this badge on your own journal post.
<a href="http://vaginapagina.livejournal.com/20788673.html"><img src="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/frolicnaked/Public%20Album/BlogCarnivalLogo2.jpg" alt="Sexual Assault Awareness Month Blog Carnival"></a>
Please help us talk about consensual, respectful, and informed sexuality!
For the VP Team