Miss Christine (noon30) wrote in vaginapagina,
Miss Christine

What would you do?

Between a year and a year and a half ago I had an abnormal pap that the doctor told me required a colposcopy. I didn't have the money to get it done, moved around a bunch and then forgot about it.

Before forgetting about it, I did a little bit of research and found that most of the problems that cause an abnormal pap in women my age resolve themselves. So that eased my mind a little.

Fast forward to now, I'm applying to the Peace Corps and one of their automatic deferrals is an abnormal pap that hasn't been followed up on. I also now have insurance, so I decided to have my records sent over and have another pap to see if having the colposcopy at this point was still a desired course of action. It was all expedited because my insurance coverage is ending in a little less than two weeks now, but will more than likely resume in September. The doctors here reviewed the records to see if the results would have been something they would recommend a colposcopy, and the previous results are something they would recommend a colposcopy for. However, my most recent pap came back normal as so their recommendation is to still get the colposcopy OR get another pap in 6 months and 12 months.

I already have an appointment made for a colposcopy. I'm just wondering what you would do in this situation. I'm leaning towards cancelling my appointment and getting another pap in 6 months and 12 months.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded