asunlitrose (asunlitrose) wrote in vaginapagina,

YI Diagnosis by GP? In-Center Testing?

Sigh. I don't know what to do. I took a huge round of antibiotics and ended up with a yeast infection. I've been taking boric acid, which usually works like a charm, but it hasn't stopped the yeast beast.

Question: Can I go to my GP to get diagnosed for a YI? Or do I have to go to a gyno?

Also: Would they diagnose only by symptom or would they do a swab and see if it's actually a YI? Do they have the equipment in a GP office to do that? Or would it have to be sent out?
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded