xlovehatelovex (xlovehatelovex) wrote in vaginapagina,

finding a new doctor question

Hi, I have a really stupid question.

For the first time, I am looking for a new doctor for myself. I've moved so I won't be going to the doctor that I've gone to for years. I was looking at the website for my health insurance, trying to find a new doctor, when I realized I have no idea what I'm looking for.

There's an option for "primary care physician" and a separate option for "gynecology." Do primary care physicians do pap smears? Or do I have to find a gynecologist AND a primary care physician? I need a pap smear and all that, but I want a regular doctor, too.

I'm sorry for my ignorance. lol. I didn't know who else to ask, I don't really have any female friends...
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded