I'm thinking about getting a brazilian wax for the first time. I've found two waxers here in my hometown that have over a hundred reviews and five stars on yelp.com, so I'll go to one of them.
So here are my questions about brazilian waxing, in no particular order:
1) Are you less likely to get ingrown hairs if you wax? I always seem to get ingrown hairs when I shave.
2) I'm pretty au natural down there. Should I trim before I go? I have one of those Schick Quattro Trim Style things, so I can buzz my bush down pretty quickly.
3) Is there anything I can do about the pain? Cosmo says to maybe get a martini somewhere before I go, but...you know...it's Cosmo. A lot of stuff in Cosmo makes me roll my eyes pretty hard. Should I take a handful of Advil or something? My dad has a ton of vicoden from a surgery he had a year ago, maybe I should take one of those?
4) How soon after I get a wax can I have sex? My boyfriend and I are in an LDR and he's visiting on Wednesday, and I'm thinking of getting it done on Sunday.
5) Can you, like, walk after a wax? I'll probably have to take the bus home after. Should I get a friend to come pick me up instead?
6) Aaannnd...I'm basically doing this because my boyfriend thinks it's really sexy. I figure it's the least I can do, since he's always doing stuff for me in the bedroom that doesn't do anything for him (lots of dominance, getting tied up, etc.) and this is the only thing he's asked me to do for him in the bedroom during the last four years of our relationship (seriously. He never asks for ANYTHING, which honestly drives me a little nuts). The thing is, I'm kind of super hardcore broke, so do you think it would be unreasonable if I asked him to help pay for it?
7) Any other tips or suggestions?