I'd like to be feeling happier about my period than I am right now, so I thought I'd try to come up with things about it that I like. This is where I need help. So far I've got:
1) I like that it comes reasonably regularly and/or that FAM lets me predict that so I can plan accordingly.
2) I like that I will never, ever mistake one of my periods for implantation or decidual bleeding. (Which is probably a more specific variation on the, "It lets me know I'm not pregnant!" idea.)
3) I like that I have a built-in excuse for continuing to experiment with different menstrual products. I can indulge my vagina geek (when my wallet allows) in order to perpetually try to find something with a higher capacity.
4) I'm glad I finally have enough cloth pads to do menstrual laundry at my convenience. I am also amused that when I put them in the washer to soak, it looks like I'm cleaning up after a murder scene.
5) I like that my students discovered I was on my period by finding my Thermacare heat patch box and seeing my TENS unit, rather than by, say, seeing my bag of bloody pads and asking, "Miss, is this why you're such a bitch lately?"
What about other folks? What are some good things about your periods?