Al (alisongrain) wrote in vaginapagina,

When to seek a health care professional about genital herpes...

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have livejournal. Also, I couldn't figure out how to make an anonymous post here either. :/

Anyway, my friend had oral sex with someone who may have genital herpes...and didn't find out about it til after the fact. According to what we've read, you can get it through oral whether giving or receiving(both occurred). The person who may have genital herpes had no signs of an outbreak, but it can be given to another person regardless if theres an outbreak at the time of contact?

Its about a week and a half since the oral sex occurred. My friend has a tender sore spot on her vagina...slightly raised as though a few bumps are trying to form. The area hurts only when pressure is applied...and the pain isn't severe. As far as I've heard/read, they only way for health care professionals to test for genital herpes is to take a sample of the the lesions?...Is there a blood test? Heard there is, but its not very reliable?...or hard to determine from a blood test? This is all just based off of what I've read, so if my facts are wrong...please correct me.

So the big question is, does my friend wait til its more clear that there is a lesion, or should they go get tested asap?!
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded