8:18 am - 03/08/2009

what does a healthy labia minora look like?

Hi fellow vp-ers!

Last night I took a picture of Ms. Meowingthon (I really like the nickname I give my vagina) and I guess I freaked myself out because I noticed all these bumps of my labia minora and they are on both of them. So I searched and I searched and I even woke up my husband to ask if it were normal and he said that the bumps pretty much look like glands and he noticed them before. Anyways, I was unhappy with the with the google image search and I wanted to ask all of you what does your labia minora look like? Any images would be great. I don't know if it is Frodyce's spots or something worse. I'm kinda freaking myself out right now. But I pretty much decided to go to the doctor because I need to get a pap done and all that jazz.

sorry if I sound like I'm ranting I'm just a little nervous and jittery.

and thanks for you help ahead of time.
gunshotbeauty 8th-Mar-2009 03:28 pm (UTC)
it might help/reassure your mind to look at the everyday bodies project because there is a large number of vulva submissions

disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 03:35 pm (UTC)
thanks, for some reason I look at the link on the side and I got a page that said it didn't exist...weird.
gunshotbeauty 8th-Mar-2009 03:37 pm (UTC)
the link might have been changed or something but that should work :)
disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 04:52 pm (UTC)
yeah I checked again and it worked yay :D
oceanbabiegirl 8th-Mar-2009 04:41 pm (UTC)
it worked for me. The collage it quite the display. :O
paperispatient 8th-Mar-2009 03:33 pm (UTC)
Vulvas in general are lumpy-bumpy parts of the body. My inner labia are definitely a little textured, particularly on the inside leading towards my vagina. Definitely mention it to your doctor if it would ease your mind; I remember last year I had just treated a YI and my labia were looking extra-bumpy and I pretty much flipped out. Went and showed my doctor, and she said it looked like either residual irritation from the YI or just the normal texture of my labia. So you're totally not alone in this concern. :)
disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 03:35 pm (UTC)
thanks :D
asunlitrose 8th-Mar-2009 05:01 pm (UTC)
Sounds like sebaceous glands, and they're totally normal. We affectionately refer to them as vulval chicken skin around here. :)
disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 05:08 pm (UTC)
yep that's what it looks like....chicken skin.
sullenduchess 8th-Mar-2009 05:34 pm (UTC)
I have the exact same thing! First time I ever noticed it was also the first time i got a YI so it freaked me out a little, but every doctor who's seen me down there says it's normal
disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 06:21 pm (UTC)
yay I don't feel weird. *high fives*
disenchantedgrl 8th-Mar-2009 06:22 pm (UTC)
and weird as in omg what's going on with me *hyperventilates* and then can't sleep and feeling all nauseus and wondering if she's the only one or few who have it.
This page was loaded Apr 22nd 2018, 10:29 pm GMT.