6:33 pm - 12/02/2007

Vagina Texture.

This is probably a weird question, and I have looked at some pics but am still confused. Is the area around/above the vaginal opening normally bumpy or rough? Mine is, and I don't think it is due to an STD since I am a virgin. Also, are you supposed to be able to see the urethra? I can't see mine.

One last question-- is the clitorus supposed to be visible? In the pics I've seen, it looks like a little pearl sticking out, but I don't see that on mine.

Would it be weird to ask my Dr to point out my anatomy next time I go in?
xevv 2nd-Dec-2007 11:54 pm (UTC)
I'm not sure if I've ever seen my urethra; I've seen other girl's which were much more visible. So, I guess it varies. Same thing with clitori, if you happen to have a small one you may only be able to see it if you pull the hood back.
sprtwrid 3rd-Dec-2007 12:04 am (UTC)
everyone is different. Mine has little bumps that are normal for me, skin tags from pregnancy and my urethra is hard to see unless i have a mirror. My clitoris is covered with a hood (think a wizard with the face covered :P)

ask you doc if you want :P or look in a mirror yourself and you will possibly be able to figure it out.
ecstasyforalice 3rd-Dec-2007 12:40 am (UTC)
Little bumps are normal, I asked my doctor about mine, they're simply glands =]

And everyone's vulva is different, some people's clit stick out, and some have more coverage by the hood. As well, when you become aroused, the clitoral shaft extends a bit, so the clit may be more visible then.

I think it'd be awesome to ask your doctor :) Maybe bring a hand mirror in case she doesn't have one so you can see what's going on. Or you could look online for a diagram and check yourself out with a hand mirror.

Also, if you haven't seen it, check out the everyday bodie's project :D
my_neighborhood 3rd-Dec-2007 03:03 am (UTC)
Definately not weird to ask your doctor questions, that's what they're there for! :)
archangelbeth 3rd-Dec-2007 04:01 am (UTC)
My general practitioner asked if I normally had a "fringy" hymen remnant, or if that was possibly warts. I said that I've had "fringes" there long as I could remember, she sent me for a second-opinion (to the ob/gyn people 'cross the street, pretty much), and that was that. So if it's normally non-smooth around the vaginal opening, perfectly normal, I'd wager.

I've never gone looking for my clitoris visually. I don't think it would be very visible, though, unless I was really pulling at my skin.
campfire_light 3rd-Dec-2007 01:49 pm (UTC)
None of the stuff you're describing is abnormal. Like everyone else said, everyone is different. I know that my clitoris isn't visible unless you pull back the hood, until it's stimulated and swells. It's not weird to be unable to see your urethra either.

About asking your doctor? Go for it. If you're comfortable with your doctor, it shouldn't be a problem. Just tell them that you're not sure where everything is and you'd like them to point things out for you. I'm sure they'd have no problem helping you out.
This page was loaded Sep 16th 2014, 9:22 am GMT.